11 quirky facts about me...
11 quirky facts about me
I guess you all kind of know me, but then you don't. You know I love Crystals, all things to do with Mindfulness and Joyful Living and of course my pets. But Facebook and the internet has its limitations, and so I thought I would share some quirky facts about me, so you can get to know me a little better.
* I am Dutch. Not English. And nope, you wouldn’t know.
* I walked out of a relationship once with 2 bags of clothes, a dog and £60 in my bank account. I worked hard to find my feet and above all, myself. It was the hardest and scariest thing I have ever done. As you can see, it all worked out ;)
* I am a veggie for compassionate reasons. Even as a child I didn’t enjoy eating meat and it often made me poorly when I did. Looking back I now understand why. It just never was in alignment with me and my body energetically rejected it.
* I speak 3 languages fluently and tend to morph into any local dialect over time. I even learnt to speak thick Dublin Irish whilst living above an Irish pub in Germany! I have never set foot in Ireland. At the moment I Be Cornish.
* If I had had the choice, I would have become a farmer or vet. But my parents thought I was way too intelligent for that, so I ended up studying languages instead.
* I have a love hate relationship with numbers. They fascinate me in numerology terms, but they get my head into a right scramble. I can manage simple accounts, but please don’t ask me what 27x9 is, off the top of my head! You may be here for a long time.
* I have one big phobia. I am perfectly fine with mice, snakes, rats, bugs, bats, even spiders, although they are stretching the limit a bit.... but I am an emetophobe, which means I have an irrational fear of vomit and vomiting.
* I am an habitual early riser and a true morning person. I get up at 5am, have a coffee, meditate for 20 minutes, then continue with 30 minutes yoga. That sets me up nicely for the rest of the day.
* I am an extroverted introverted Empath. Sounds complicated, doesn't it? It is! I love to be on my own. But I also love being with people and helping others in finding more balance and peace in their life. I love to teach and share my love of crystals, healing and joyful living. But after a week of teaching or retreating with others... I run ... I run to the quietest, remotest spot or I retreat to my home (read hermitage) for a few days and “de-people”.
* I love photography. I don’t have any fancy cameras or equipment but simply take all my pics with my trusty S7 Samsung Galaxy phone. I just released a calendar with images taken by me in my beloved home Polperro, and they are selling like hot cakes.
* Until a year ago, I had really long hair. And I mean LONG hair, down to the bum. On the 1st of January I cut it all off for charity and raised a wonderful £1200 for Childrens Hospice South West.